Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gear Up and Roll Over

When I was a kid, my mom always told me to gear up properly if I want to ride my bike. Never did she permit me to travel across the highways along with those cars and other massive vehicles such as trucks. I found it annoying then… but that was more than twenty years ago when I have not yet completely understand the dangers of biking without the safety gears.
Now that I am already a California court lawyer who deals with various cases of personal injuries that involve road accidents, I am very much thankful that I feared my mom’s punishment for if not I may already be buried underneath the ground.
As a lawyer, I do believe that wearing safety stuffs to protect you from possible accident when biking is necessary. That is… even these gears are sometime irritating to wear. Unfortunately, more and more severely injured victims of motorcycle accidents are being rushed in hospitals but failed to escape from death. Most of them should have lived if only they have performed a strict precaution and wore safety gears like a helmet.
Up to this very moment, I am an avid motorcyclist. I enjoy the freedom that I feel whenever I am riding “Sophia” my big bike. However, I still fear the fact that I am still prone to accidents. Well, the least thing that I could do is to remember my mom’s words of warning – gear up properly and never ride on highways.
If may just ask, do you think it is disgusting for a lawyer like me to suffer an injury in a motorcycle crash? Who would handle my case then?